The ECAM Graduate Engineer Association
Great schools have great graduate associations…
The alumni network is paramount, even vital, for a school and is one of the main selection criteria when future students chose their higher education establishment.
The ECAM Alumni Association was founded in 1906 and today has 6000 graduate members from ECAM Lyon. 70% of its members are currently working within no less than 1700 companies.
- To promote the value and reputation of the ECAM Lyon diploma and the ECAM brand.
- To support and develop the ECAM graduate network through Networking events, dynamic web communication, a newsletter and the yearly publication of a directory.
- To accompany ECAM graduates throughout their careers and help them in times of unemployment or professional transition.
- To maintain a close relationship with the school and its students/trainees: collecting the apprenticeship tax, sponsorship of class groups entering the “engineer” program, participation in major ECAM Lyon events, active support for the students from the graduate engineers to help build their business networks. It should also be noted that the ECAM Alumni Association is a founding member of the ECAM Foundation.
- To perform an active and representative role with influential French Engineering and Scientific Institutions.
How it works:
The ECAM Alumni Association relies on its well-structured organization in order to optimize its management and development. So 6 operational units and 3 functional delegations have recently been formed.
- The operational units correspond to the different activities of the association (finance, communication, events management and careers and employment). With the help of the Secretary General, the officers at the head of these units (who are all volunteer ECAM engineer graduates) put yearly action plans into place and then ensure that they work efficiently.
- The 3 functional delegations are headed up by vice-presidents (also all volunteer ECAM graduate engineers) and each one has a very precise mandate. Thus, the PARIS delegation’s main role will be to represent the association with the influential institutions of the capital; the LYON delegation is responsible for the links with the school and the student engineers and meets every month on the ECAM Lyon campus; and the class/regional/international delegation ensures that the network and class groups function efficiently and dynamically within the regions and internationally, by working through the class delegates and regional Presidents.
A network within a network
The ECAM Alumni Association along with other graduate engineer associations maintains strong cooperative links notably with:
- the Graduate Engineer Associations of ICAM, INSA Lyon, Centrale Lyon and EM Lyon: pooling of resources particularly for the employment-careers unit.
- the « Gadzarts » (graduate engineers from the Arts & Métiers school) through professional groups
- the IESF (Ingénieurs et Scientifiques de France)
- the C.E.R.L. (Carrefour d’Entraide et de Relations des Lassalliens)
Find all the latest news about the association at: www.ecam-alumni.fr
Contact: Jacques Serve (ECAM 1972), President – Amandine Rouveyrol, Secretary General – Head Quarters: 40 montée Saint Barthélemy – email@example.com – tel : +33 (0)4 72 77 27 71 / 72
The President presenting the ECAM graduate engineer directory at the annual award ceremony.