High standards of academic & personal excellence
At the worldwide level, CTI is one of the most experienced bodies in charge of evaluation and accreditation of engineering curricula and institutions. CTI (Commission des Titres d’Ingénieur) is an independent body established by the French law in 1934. CTI has progressively widened its activities. It has been fully involved in the development of the European Higher Education Area. Its legal missions are respectively: the evaluation and assessment of higher education institutions in the fields of engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, project management, etc; the development of quality in engineering education; the promotion of engineering curricula and careers in France and abroad. There are about 220 French institutions accredited by CTI, delivering about 30,000 engineering master’s degrees each year. In addition, the French law has given the CTI the capacity to evaluate and assess engineering curricula provided outside France. CTI has accredited curricula in Germany, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Viet-Nam; others are in process of being accredited in China, India, Belgium, etc. (for more details, please see the section entitled International CTI accreditation).
As a member of the Grande Ecole Conference in France, ECAM Lyon guarantees certain standards in the quality of its education through:
- Comprehensive training: solid theoretical bases along with concrete hands-on applications
- A shared knowledge base in mathematics and engineering sciences. Young engineers are able to be effective and to adapt in the short-term but also to progress according to the demands of their profession.
- Awareness of business culture; an understanding of the economic, social, human, ethical and philosophical environments and an aptitude for management. These are essential skills for engineering graduates, who will be the managers and leaders of tomorrow.
- Communication skills and knowledge of international culture: of which English-language training forms only one part. These skills allow engineers to practice their profession and to build social connections around the world.
- Rigorous admission processes
- High standards of academic & personal excellence
- Strong links with industry and business
Engineering student profiles are highly sought after by companies and graduates quickly find their first job.